Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Trash Talk

So I know that I made the last post, but I just had to share this. I talk a lot of trash about this small town. I like it, I just miss my family. Maybe this will convince them to finally move here!

Our trash company is a little family owned business. They are very good and very thorough. This morning was our pick up. They always pick up early, early in the morning so when I opened the kitchen curtains this morning I was surprised to see it was still full. I started to get worried that they didn't get my last payment, which was in cash and I had dropped off at the Mom's "other" work. I quickly called and talked to Debbie, the mom and money lady. I asked her if they had picked up yet this morning and she quickly replied, "yes, did you forget to put your can out? I can call them and have them come by!" Excuse me? Did she just say what I thought she said? (These are the same people that I once saw stop the truck in front of my house, go under the carport and pull my can to the road in order to empty it. We had purposely not taken it out because it was almost empty.) I told her that it was out and she began to tell me that if they ever miss I should just call that afternoon because it is much easier to send someone that day than later in the week because they could be somewhere else in the county. I then asked her if she had received my payment and she say yes. These were her words, "we would never stop picking up without communicating with you first. I know who you are, I know where you live, I know what you drive...it's a small town." I was glad to hear that my money had been received, but should I worry that my trash lady knows so much about me? She just handles the money! After all, this lady knows all this and I have never even seen her face!

Just a little side note: we have one other family owned trash company in town. One day I saw a mom driving the truck with her little daughter right at her side.

Now people, top that trash talk!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

That is my kind of town! Sign me up. Mom