Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Again!

I know that Heather already made a birthday post for Kimber, but I have been wanting to do it all day. So Kimber gets two, lucky!

I was talking to my mother in law earlier and we were discussing how 1st birthdays are really for everyone else, not for the baby. I found this to be especially true with Kimber. It could be because my experience with Addie was more of a traumatic one, but I don't hold it against her.

So for every one's enjoyment (okay, mine really. And Heather's since Kimber is partly her's. I have never seen a non pregnant woman work so hard to birth a baby. Even the Dr. noticed!) I am going to give a short recap of her "birth day". Here we are about 22 non-medicated hours into labor.


Okay, I know I look like I want to say some thing horrible, but I swear that no such word ever crossed my mind. The nurse's name was Susan, I would give my right arm to have her next time. The only word to explain her is phenomenal. Mom is obviously excited and not feeling my pain. This woman had 10 children, why is she smiling?! She knows what I am going through! (Just kidding, Mom!)

After 15 minutes of pushing, here we are! I was so glad- does my face say that?


Here she is, all 7 lbs. 6 ozs. of her.


And one year later, you have this.

Not the most flattering picture but this girl refuses to hold still long enough for me to get a decent picture. This is totally candid. This was actually taken today after she found the frosting I had used on her cake. Addie got it off the counter and was eating it and apparently left it within her reach. She enjoyed it. And the bath.

2 comments:

esque said...

Ha ha! I love the last pic with all the frosting!

[elaine]

Amber said...

Kobie! I can't believe you delivered naturally after 22 hours of labor! You are my hero! I did it naturally twice and my labors were only 7 and 4 1/2 hours long. (Short but intense.) Good job, girl! And, your girls are adorable!