Monday, February 25, 2008

Five Things You Might Not Know About Me

Ok, so it has been really hard to think of things that you don't already know about me. But here are the five things that you might not know:

1. I started playing basketball for the city in 4th grade and went on to play for my school on the "A" team 7-8th grade. I loved playing basketball and my 8th grade season we went 12-2.
2. At the end of 5th grade I had the opportunity to choose whether I wanted to be in the band in middle school so my friend talked me into playing the flute with her. I played the flute and piccolo until my freshman year.
3. One day during 6th grade I had a substitute teacher in P.E. and for an exercise she wanted us to run backwards as fast as we could. On my way I fell backwards onto my wrist and slid across the gym floor, breaking my right wrist.
4. I started doing track my 6th grade year doing the usual middle school events, sprints, relay, long jump and hurdles. In 8th grade I set the school record for the 200 meter sprint. In 9th grade I decided to try a new event so I tried pole vaulting. I loved it! It felt so invigorating to be up in the air! I pole vaulted all through high school.
5. After middle school I decided to stop playing the flute and switch to choir. My junior year my choir teacher asked if I would be in the exclusive girls choir but I had just found out we were moving to Idaho so I was not able to participate. I was very flattered that she had asked me because you have to audition for the chior and I hadn't.

Well I hope you were able to learn more about me and I hope I didn't bore you! Now I want to know more about Bethany, so Bethany tag you're it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I loved learning that stuff about you! What talent! I liked the pole vault part. I have always liked watching that part of track.

Kobie said...

You lie! You crack me up Trav!