Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mac & Cheese

Today was our weekly meeting for Components. Doug's step-mom most always keeps Kennedy for me since they live close to our office but she hasn't been feeling well. So, Doug's mom volunteered to keep her for me. She planned a fun day with Kennedy's cousins at the park.
Well, I got a call on my cell phone from Doug's sister who said "Don't freak out, but Kennedy's been hurt". She proceeded to tell me that Kennedy had tripped on the stairs while holding her chips. Her little chin met the stair and it didn't go so well.
My mother in law and sister in law didn't even realize Kennedy was hurt until they saw some other moms around her. She never even cried. She was just upset about her chips and her hands being dirty. Needless to say I told my sister in law just to take Kennedy to her house and I would come look at it.
When I got there we all took a look and decided we better have it looked at by a professional. Since Kennedy's pediatrician doesn't do stitches at his office they suggested taking her to an urgent care. In the mean time Kennedy was hungry. She wanted Mac & Cheese!! So, before going to the urgent care she enjoyed a bowl of mac & cheese all while her chin proceeded to bleed.
At the urgent care they looked it over and before the doctor could even say stitches to me I asked if they could use the glue and steri-strips to close the gap. She said that was fine. I couldn't have held Kennedy down for stitches!!
So, here it is. She hates the strips and asks me to take them off. The photos don't do it justice believe me its not just a scratch.
I am glad she is okay and I told my mother in law that she is still allowed to watch Kennedy!!

2 comments:

Kobie said...

Kennedy is halarious! You know that girl will always be okay if you have mac and cheese handy.

The Greer Family said...

Ouchiewawa! Poor girl! I love that she must love mac and cheese as much as I do. Thata girl!

Stephanie