Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fish Fry Anyone?

Sunday while making my bed I glanced over at the Betta fish we have on our dresser. I started thinking to myself how much I hate cleaning it's bowl. We've have had that fish since Kennedy was born.

Then, I had a moment of clarity. I was just going to flush that thing down the toilet and be done with it. So, I did.

Later I was in the kitchen making dinner when Kennedy came to me crying. I thought she had been hurt. At first I couldn't understand her then she said "where's the fish"? Oh boy!! I told her it went bye bye and she just cried.

I figured she would get over it. But, the very next morning she woke up and the first thing she asked for was the fish. I guess my conscience got the best of me.

So, long story short last night for FHE we went to Petsmart and bought Kennedy a little fish tank and three goldfish. She was so excited. We put the tank on the counter top at the end of the hall near our room. She loves to get her stool and watch the fish.

Moral of the story is...don't ever think you can pull a fast one on your 2 year old!



No comments: