Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!


If you know our Mom and Dad then you know why the Richardson kids feel so lucky. We seriously have great parents. They are such great examples of what marriage should be.
If I had to list some of the things that first come to mind when I think of my parents this is what it would be:
Saturday morning garage sales
Hot chocolate, warm blankets and slippers (okay, so it's Dad's treat to Mom)
Andy Griffith
A home that is warm and inviting- open to everyone
Loud cars
Fun vacations
Service and sacrafice- you can't have 10 kids without a lot of that.
Suburbans- I think they've owned 5 in my lifetime
Tortillas from Superior
Vernon
Family prayer and scripture study- they never miss!
Love of family
Support for each other and their kids
Chips and salsa
Speaking Double Dutch to each other to be sneaky but some how we were always able to pick out "Dairy Queen"
Sunday rides
Tetris competitions

Those are just a few of the things I think about when I think of Mom and Dad. But most importantly, they are wonderful companions to each other and great parents to their kids.

We love you, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary to two parents I love as if they were my own! I love you guys so much and hope you enjoy many, many more years together.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you!