Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wedding Bells Ring



(sorry for the small photos, I couldn't get the ones my sister in law e-mailed me to be any larger, I will try to work this out)

This last weekend we hosted the wedding of Doug's brother Nick, and his new wife Laura. I won't lie, the anticipation of this event and all the work that led up to it could kill a horse. But it was well worth it. Nick and Laura looked overjoyed and everyone had a great time. It was so fun to be a part of the wedding and share their special day with them. We are so happy they chose to marry here and not in Hawaii so that all the family could be a part.

We had over 100 guests and family from Illinois, Las Vegas and Arkansas. Now that is love!
Kennedy was the flower girl. She got all the way to the isle runner and came to a halt. I think it was because earlier in the day I told her to stay off the runner, this is a first since she really did listen to me. But she was so dang cute!!

Doug was one of the Best Men, but I think he was the Best Man of all. He looked so sharp in is suit.
Here is a little view of the back corner of the yard where the ceremony was. Are you admiring Doug's green grass or the fact that the lines are perfect?

Here are the bride and groom. She looked lovely and I have honestly never seen Nick so happy.

Here are mother and son sharing a dance.



The cake, oh the cake. Besides the fact that is was to die for, my now sister in law Laura, who entrusted me with the decorating gave me the topper for the cake. I put it on the top walked in the house and heard a crashing noise. Holy smokes, the topper fell off and shattered. I thought I was going to die. So, to cover it up I just added some flowers to the top of the cake, not too bad.

Even after the wedding was over all the family stayed at our house to enjoy dinner and conversation. Doug even managed to convince some of the guests to play Guitar Hero on the screen and projector he set up outside. Now Nick and Laura are off on their Mexican Cruise soaking up the sun. We all hope they enjoyed the day as much as we did.



P.S.
A very special thank you to Briana for lending her talents and playing the violin for the wedding. It added such a sense of class to the whole ceremony. Thank you Briana!!

No comments: