Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Rug

The other day Russ found this rug in a vacant house that he was preparing to list for sale. It is in perfect condition. He brought it home and put it on the floor in the family room. I thought it looked great as it broke up all the blue in the room.


Later in the evening Annie came by and announced that she didn't like that rug one single bit. Russ and I responded by telling her we liked it and it was going to stay put. "Well", she said, "just wait until my sisters see it!"


Well I guess the statement about the "sisters" was supposed to make us want to jump up and drag that rug out to the nearest bonfire. Poor Annie, she really did get stuck with old fashioned parents. Maybe someday she will look past our lousy taste in rugs and love us inspite of our age. After all age is just a number!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patrice stanford said...

so sorry Annie...I like the rug