Sunday, January 2, 2011

I can't believe it!


That's right! Our baby boy is a sunbeam. Ok so he really isn't a baby but it is hard for me to believe! Today was a little weird for me but we got through it and Cooper L-O-V-E-D primary. Our Primary Presidency did a really good job of trying to prepare the kids that would be moving up into primary. They started taking them into singing/sharing time about the middle of November and they went each Sunday. The first Sunday Cooper had a hard time because he was sitting there being really reverent like they asked him too and when it was all said and done and his Aunt Nichole didn't pick him to help with the songs, he melted. But luckily that has been the only problem. Last Sunday we started helping him prepare also by telling him that he would have a new teacher and he would get to go to primary. We were always positive about it and he was getting really excited. So today I prepared him a little bit more by telling him that in his new class he wouldn't have playtime and snack time. At first he seemed a little leery but then when we got to church he was perfectly fine. At one point during Sacrament meeting he said,"Momma do I get to go to my classroom with the toy cupboard?" When I replied ,"No" he didn't even blink and he just smiled and said, "Oh yeah, I get my new teachers!". I was so thrilled that he was OK with that! Once we got to primary, I took him to sit by his teachers and then hurried out since I wasn't sure if he was going to take a cue from any of the other kids and start crying as their parents brought them in, so I just watched him from another door and he did great. He had no problems and I am ecstatic! He loved it and I hope he continues to love it. But for me it is still strange!

No comments: