Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Coupon Escapade

Friday I bundled up my coupons and decided it was time to head to Fry's and see what this coupon frenzy was all about. I really didn't have a ton of coupons (I am a newbie to couponing). I tried to plan it out so I would be organized and not have to crisscross the store a dozen time. I swear I was in The Hotel California where "you can check out but you can never leave". It was making me so nervous carrying those coupons around and searching for just the right products. It is a really time consuming ordeal. As I finally headed toward the front of the store to check out I started sweating wondering if the moment I opened up my envelope to dump out the coupons, the floor would open up and swallow me! Everyone hates couponers...especially me. I held my breath as I waited for someone behind me in line to throw a rotten tomato at my head. Fortunately, the floor didn't open, no one threw a rotten tomato at me and I quit sweating when the cashier finally announced that I had saved $199.71 (I promise it sounded like she was shouting it over the intercom). I still spent more than most couponers do in a year but I had lots of items without coupons too. And, I lived to tell this story. I guess I might try it again next week, if I can get up the nerve!

No comments: