Sunday, June 29, 2008

The "Contraption"

I couldn't resist posting this. It really belongs on the Pumpkinheaded Brothers blog but I am not allowed to post there...hmmm wonder why? Anyway, dad's back has been aching again so he built this interesting contraption (he doesn't like me to call it that) to stretch out his back and give him some relief. My description of it just won't do it justice but I will try. A foam tube wraps around his chest and then he has bungee cords that are attached to a band that is strapped to his waist. The other end of the bungee cords are connected to a big hook that is connected to a rope that wraps around the TV stand (thank goodness it is solid). The foam tube around his chest has a ratchet strap attached to it that is connected who knows where. He then gets in the "contraption" and we ratchet him in tight. Does it work? Maybe. If so I think he should market it. Then again no one would buy it when they looked at it up close. Did I say Redneck? Poor Dad. You have to admit that while it is a little bit unorthodox, it is an original!

1 comment:

Judd Tyler said...

haha its just dads excuse to watch some TV! i could use one or two of those!