Saturday, January 24, 2009

J-Rod

Now if you know our family you know that everyone has a nick name. Most come from our father but us siblings have joined the bandwagon and given each other names as well. So if you have ever heard a family member refer to Jared as J-Rod you can thank me for that! I remember the first time Kobie brought Jared to meet our family. All I could think was man they are going to have some fair skinned, blond headed children!
But, he was so easy going and seemed to just fit in. Then Jared called me one day and asked me to accompany him to pick out a ring for Kobie. I was honored, I think our friendship started there.

When Kobie and Jared were first married we spent a lot of time with them. It was fun to have them here in the Valley and they were always up for games, dinner or a night out. On one particular date we went bowling with Kobie and Jared. As we entered our names on the screen I decided Jared would be Rod and it has just stuck. I think Kobie and I always refer to him as that even in casual conversation.

Jared has been a wonderful brother in law and a great addition to the Richardson Family. He would do anything for anyone. Believe me I know! You could call him night or day and he would drop what he was doing and be there in a flash.

He loves his girls and treats each of them as princesses. Sometimes I call Kobie and she tells me her day was rough and Jared came to get Addie and take her back to work with him. His girls just adore him.
He is a worthy Priesthood holder and serves in his ward bishopric honorably. He is compassionate and understanding but always willing to look at the other side of things.

Jared loves a good laugh! He loves ice cream and the man loves cereal. I think he could live off of it. But of course he needs his Coke to keep him going.

So, J-Rod Happy Birthday to you! We love you and we are so happy and honored to have you in our family.

No comments: