Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reader discretion advised

Let me start by saying I apologize to any readers of this posting who may be offended by what I have to say or currently drive a mini-van. This is in no way intended to hurt you!! So, if you feel you may be offended stop reading now. But you know curiosity will get the best of you.


And so...I love my Toyota 4 Runner. It has been a great purchase and I love driving it. Since we bought it brand new I have taken great pride in keeping it clean and well maintained. I decided it was time to take it in to the dealership for just a scheduled maintenance. They assured me they had a loaner available so I wouldn't be without a car for the day.


When we were all set a rep walked me over the the counter to pick up the loaner. The gal behind the desk looked at me and said "I am sorry all we have a mini-vans" for a second I almost considered taking the shuttle! But, I had things to do and decided to just go for it. I couldn't stop laughing when I got in and drove away. Kennedy even commented "this car is ugly" with no provoking from me. I am just not a mini-van gal. I have always said I will NEVER own a mini-van. Kobie thought it was hilarious and a good form of punishment for me. Note: she drives a 4 door Ford Diesel Truck!


I had to go over to grandmas house and Brigham was home from school. He asked me where my car was and joking I told him we traded it in and got a van. He said "alright, but it just doesn't seem like you" see even my family agrees.


When I had to go to Office Max I parked kind of far so I wouldn't have to claim the van when it came time to leave. Thank heaven at the end of the day I can pick up my 4 Runner. Why is it when mom gets a loaner she gets a Chrysler 300 and I get a van!!


Here she is what a beauty. She wasn't garage worthy so she sits in the driveway for now.

No comments: