Monday, November 12, 2007



I know my family will never believe this. If you know Doug at all you know he is a HUGE NASCAR fan!!! He loves the races and always begs me to either watch them with him or go to a race. But, who wants to watch a bunch of cars drive in a circle for hours? Plus, what fun can it be? Well, this weekend I experienced it first hand. NASCAR was at Phoenix International Raceway this weekend. Doug was so excited I was finally going to a race. Let me tell you it opened my eyes to a whole new world, the racing world. I have NEVER seen so many people at an event in my life. The photo shown above is from the race and it was packed. People bring RV's and camp for the weekend, it's unreal. Needless to say when they said "Gentlemen start your engines" and the 25 cars rev up it's loud, ear piercing loud. I LOVED IT!! We had awesome seats and we were right by pit row so we saw everything. We had scanners so you can tune into the racers and hear what they are saying to their crew. I didn't think I would like it but I think Doug has me hooked!! Check out the web for more of the race, come on I know you want to!! www.nascar.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While watching or attending NASCAR all you need to know is LEFT,LEFT,LEFT, GO JIMMY!