Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Visitor

Never in my life did I think that I would be the hostess in my home to a General Authority from the First Quorum of the Seventy. Elder David F. Evans was our visiting authority for our stake conference this weekend. He asked if he could stay in our home and of course we were delighted. We had to do some rearranging to make a place for him to sleep but as always he was so gracious and grateful. It is so special to have such a humble servant of our Heavenly Father as a guest in our home.

Elder Evans has served as a Bishop, Stake President, Mission President in Japan and as an area authority also in Japan. He told many interesting stories from his life and shared with us details about his family. We had such a wonderful time visiting with him.

We have had a few other General Authorities stay in our home and each one brings a special spirit with them. My favorite thing is listening to them share stories from their church service or tell about their personal knowledge and relationship with the prophet. What a great privilege it is to have them in our home.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

You have been blessed to have so many opportunities to host these men of faith in your home. I can only imagine the impact it must have on each one of your children. I miss hearing about your experiences. We'll catch up in April.

Lynda said...

Thank you for sharing about such a special experience.
I'm so grateful to be a new friend with you and get to know your family!
Bye for now!