Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter!!

This year since Cooper is getting older I decided I wanted to start some traditions. So Friday during the day I got all of our eggs boiled and Cooper and I waited until Travis got home so we could dye Easter eggs as a family. We had lots of fun. I love that Cooper is old enough to participate in things like this!

Here are my two favorite guys! Look how handsome they are!

Cooper L-O-V-E-D dying the eggs

He was so proud of his creations!

Here are all of the wonderfully colored eggs. I boiled WAY too many eggs but I didn't want it to be over in two minutes! Now lets hope I can figure out what to do with all the left over eggs!?!

On Saturday in between sessions of Conference we hosted an Easter egg hunt. I was able to convince Travis to let us have it at our house. (Thanks Honey, I know you had a lot of homework!) So the Easter Bunny hid all the eggs out in the park area by our house and the kids had so much fun! We had Cami, Jeremy, Heather, Doug, Ben, Briana and all of their 12 kids.





After the hunt we had subs, chips and drinks to complete the festivities. We had so much fun. Thanks to everyone for coming!

On Sunday we had a quiet day listening to Conference and teaching Cooper the true meaning of Easter and then we had a good ol' fashion Easter Dinner that I made. This is the first time I have ever made a real ham and rolls (thanks to Mom for teaching me how to make bread!!) and I have to tell you it was really simple and I loved the fact that I was able to make all of it! So even though we had a million left overs I was proud of myself!

I hope every one had a wonderful Easter.

No comments: