Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Enough is Enough!!

Have we had enough health issues yet? Dad and his multitude of problems...back pain, kidney stone, heart surgery. Brigham with a broken arm. Gram with her health issues. Now me of all people with a broken foot. Did I ask for this? I don't think so. You are probably wondering what I did to break my foot. I wish I knew. It started hurting on Tuesday and by Wednesday I was really in pain. I went to the Dr. and it took him less than 5 minutes to give me a diagnosis. A stress fracture! Yuk! I have to wear this black boot for 6 to 12 weeks. Where do I go to get the designer version anyway? Will I miss a day of school? No way! I will even be there for our zoo fieldtrip on Friday. I will just have to sit and watch (Dr.'s orders). Yeah, and he also said (I kid you not) no cooking, no doing dishes, laundry, mopping, etc. Keep the foot elavated. He said read a book or put on your favorite video. Hey Briana can I borrow that vampire book? I think I am going to have lots of time to read.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll bring the book right over!

patrice stanford said...

I feel for you sister! I had stress fractures in both my legs when we were having my mother's 80th birthday party!!1 Two casts and about 50 guests...talk about fun. We never knew how it happened either. I was so stupid that I slept with both boots on at night. The doctor laughed so hard when I called and told him I just couldn't sleep with the darn things on!!! I hope you get better soon. I especially enjoyed the "no vacuuming" rule! Love you!

Tammy said...

Hi Sheila,

So Sorry you have to wear that darn boot! I have 3 of those in my shoe collection. I think they only come in that "beautiful black" color. Hang in there and listen to your Dr. and you will be
better before you know it!

TheJohn & Jolene Mortensen Family said...

Sorry Sheila! But enjoy it while you can! Get others to do your work for you- you are always doing so much for others!!